- Made a huge batch of zero point veggie soup for lunches last night. Ingredients: chicken stock, crushed tomatoes, carrots, celery, zucchini, green beans, and spices. This time I added rosemary for the first time, along with a spicy pepper mix, and it's delicious! I'm good to go again for a couple weeks.
- I have a sweet tooth and love finding treats I can have that are reasonable, yet hit the spot! Two that I've found recently:
- Mix sugar-free chocolate pudding with Light Cool-Whip to make chocolate mousse
- A whole Skor bar is only 200 calories (6 points), so 1/3 of one for 2 pts is a great treat (or 1/2 a bar for 3 points)
- I'm going to need to eat "on plan" for the rest of my life. Sometimes I find it easy and other times it's really a struggle. It makes it much more manageable and enjoyable when I have lots of ideas of healthy, satisfying foods at my fingertips. But I tend to have a crappy memory and sometimes forget about things. So I'm going to start a new page on my blog with some of my favourite, healthy meal and snack ideas that I can keep updating. Look for it coming soon!
- I have been dealing with injuries for a while now. Hips/IT band/butt issues. But yesterday I ran on the treadmill for 20 min with no pain. That's progress! I can accept that I will probably never run half-marathons again (my scoliosis causes injuries that are just too serious) but my goal is to run 30 min on the treadmill at high intensity. If I can do that I'll be happy! I think I need a few more physio sessions to make that happen.
- Next Tuesday is the last chance I have this month to weigh in at WW "at goal". Since I reached my goal weight last January (exactly 1 year ago!!) I have weighed in each and every month at goal. So I really don't want to let myself down this month. I have 2 or so more pounds to go and I know I can do it! As I said a couple posts ago, I'm feeling great - my pants fit and I have much more muscle definition. I think I have gained a couple pounds from working out, but I still I think I can get back to (and maintain) my goal weight. Besides, this goal will be a great motivator!
- This past week I went shopping for a new ski jacket and ski pants. I tried on my old ski stuff and it was laughable (it was a generous XL and fit 70 lbs ago) so we decided I needed new gear. Happily, finding clothes is so much easier now. I am officially a solid size medium, both on the top and bottom. It's great to be able to grab pretty much anything and know that the size medium will usually fit. Look out on the slopes - I'm going to be a ski bunny! (And a heck of a lot warmer than the cartoon below!)